[ClusterLabs] MySQL cluster with auto failover

Ken Gaillot kgaillot at redhat.com
Mon Sep 11 10:25:54 EDT 2023

On Thu, 2023-09-07 at 10:27 +0100, Antony Stone wrote:
> On Wednesday 06 September 2023 at 17:01:24, Damiano Giuliani wrote:
>
> > Everything is clear now.
> > So the point is to use pacemaker and create the floating vip and
> > bind it to
> > sqlproxy to health check and route the traffic to the available and
> > healthy
> > galera nodes.
>
> Good summary.
>
> > It could be useful let pacemaker manage also galera services?
>
> No; MySQL / Galera needs to be running on all nodes all the
> time.  Pacemaker
> is for managing resources which move between nodes.

It's still helpful to configure galera as a clone in the cluster. That
way, Pacemaker can monitor it and restart it on errors, it will respect
things like maintenance mode and standby, and it can be used in
ordering constraints with other resources, as well as advanced features
such as node utilization.