[ClusterLabs] [EXTERNE] Re: Centreon HA Cluster - VIP issue

Adil BOUAZZAOUI adil.bouazzaoui at tmandis.ma
Fri Sep 8 12:14:34 EDT 2023

Hi Ken,

Thank you for the update and the clarification.
The idea is clear; I just need to know more information about this 2 clusters setup:

1. Arbitrator:
1.1. Only one arbitrator is needed for everything: should I use the Quorum provided by Centreon on the official documentation? Or should I use the booth ticket manager instead?
1.2. is fencing configured separately? Or is is configured during the booth ticket manager installation?

2. Floating IP:
2.1. it doesn't hurt if both Floating IPs are running at the same time right?

3. Fail over:
3.1. How to update the DNS to point to the appropriate IP?
3.2. we're running our own DNS servers; so How to configure booth ticket for just the DNS resource?

4. MariaDB replication:
4.1. How can Centreon MariaDB replicat between the 2 clusters?

5. Centreon:
5.1. Will this setup (2 clusters, 2 floating IPs, 1 booth manager) work for our Centreon project?

Regards
Adil Bouazzaoui

Adil BOUAZZAOUI
Ingénieur Infrastructures & Technologies
GSM         : +212 703 165 758