[ClusterLabs] PAF / PGSQLMS and wal_level ?

Jehan-Guillaume de Rorthais jgdr at dalibo.com
Fri Sep 8 11:29:44 EDT 2023

On Fri, 8 Sep 2023 16:52:53 +0200
lejeczek via Users <users at clusterlabs.org> wrote:

> Hi guys.
>
> Before I start fiddling and brake things I wonder if
> somebody knows if:
> pgSQL can work with: |wal_level = archive for PAF ?
> Or more general question with pertains to ||wal_level - can
> _barman_ be used with pgSQL "under" PAF?

PAF needs "wal_level = replica" (or "hot_standby" on very old versions) so it
can have hot standbys where it can connects and query there status.

Wal level "replica" includes the archive level, so you can set up archiving.

Of course you can use barman or any other tools to manage your PITR Backups,
even when Pacemaker/PAF is looking at your instances. This is even the very
first step you should focus on during your journey to HA.