[ClusterLabs] Centreon HA Cluster - VIP issue

Adil Bouazzaoui adilb574 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 2 11:16:33 EDT 2023

 Hello,

My name is Adil,i worked for Tman company, we are testing the Centreon HA
cluster to monitor our infrastructure for 13 companies, for now we are
using the 100 IT licence to test the platform, once everything is working
fine then we can purchase a licence suitable for our case.

We're stuck at *scenario 2*: setting up Centreon HA Cluster with Master &
Slave on a different datacenters.
For *scenario 1*: setting up the Cluster with Master & Slave and VIP
address on the same network (VLAN) it is working fine.

*Scenario 1: Cluster on Same network (same DC) ==> works fine*
Master in DC 1 VLAN 1: 172.30.15.10 /24
Slave in DC 1 VLAN 1: 172.30.15.20 /24
VIP in DC 1 VLAN 1: 172.30.15.30/24
Quorum in DC 1 LAN: 192.168.1.10/24
Poller in DC 1 LAN: 192.168.1.20/24

*Scenario 2: Cluster on different networks (2 separate DCs connected with
VPN) ==> still not working*
Master in DC 1 VLAN 1: 172.30.15.10 /24
Slave in DC 2 VLAN 2: 172.30.50.10 /24
VIP: example 102.84.30.XXX. We used a public static IP from our internet
service provider, we thought that using a IP from a site network won't
work, if the site goes down then the VIP won't be reachable!
Quorum: 192.168.1.10/24
Poller: 192.168.1.20/24

Our *goal *is to have Master & Slave nodes on different sites, so when Site
A goes down, we keep monitoring with the slave.
The problem is that we don't know how to set up the VIP address? Nor what
kind of VIP address will work? or how can the VIP address work in this
scenario? or is there anything else that can replace the VIP address to
make things work.
Also, can we use a backup poller? so if the poller 1 on Site A goes down,
then the poller 2 on Site B can take the lead?

we looked everywhere (The watch, youtube, Reddit, Github...), and we still
couldn't get a workaround!

the guide we used to deploy the 2 Nodes Cluster:
https://docs.centreon.com/docs/installation/installation-of-centreon-ha/overview/

attached the 2 DCs architecture example.

We appreciate your support.
Thank you in advance.

Adil Bouazzaoui
IT Infrastructure Engineer