[ClusterLabs] corosync 2.4 and 3.0 in one cluster.

Мельник Антон an.melnik at gmail.com
Fri Sep 1 10:56:56 EDT 2023

Hello,

I have a cluster with two nodes with corosync version 2.4 installed there.
I need to upgrade to corosync version 3.0 without shutting down the cluster.
I thought to do it in this way:
1. Stop HA on the first node, do upgrade to newer version of Linux with
upgrade corosync, change corosync config.
2. Start upgraded node and migrate resources there.
3. Do upgrade on the second node.
Currently on version 2.4 corosync is configured with udpu transport and
crypto_hash set to sha256.
As far as I know version 3.0 does not support udpu with configured options
crypto_hash and crypto_cipher.
The question is how to allow communication between corosync instances with
version 2 and 3, if corosync version 2 is configured with crypto_hash
sha256.

Thanks,
Anton.