[ClusterLabs] IPaddr2 clone deprecated

Damiano Giuliani damianogiuliani87 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 20 05:49:27 EDT 2023

Hi guys,

im trying to create a IPaddr2 cloned resource for one of my project.
i need some kind of simple but effective loadbalancer for my rabbitmq
cluster managed by pacemaker.
My current SO is Almalinux 8.6.
seems IPaddr2 coned resource is not working / supported anymore, probably
because CLUSTERIP is not viable in the latest releases.
if i remeber well on centos7 no issues related.

could u explain me a little bit more ?

below the errors i got:

ClusterIP_start_0 on pcsnode1 'unknown error' (1): call=40,
status=complete, exitreason='iptables failed',

ERROR: iptables failed
Oct 18 10:18:18 rabbitvm1 pacemaker-controld[32192]: notice: Result of
start operation for rabbitmq-vip on rabbitvm1: error (iptables failed)
Oct 18 10:18:18 rabbitvm1 pacemaker-controld[32192]: notice:
rabbitmq-vip_start_0 at rabbitvm1 output [ iptables v1.8.4 (nf_tables):
chain name not allowed to start with `-'\n\nTry `iptables -h' or
'iptables --help' for more information.\nocf-exit-reason:iptables
failed\n ]