[ClusterLabs] Syncronous primary doesn't switch to async mode on replica power off

Sergey Cherukhin sergey.cherukhin at gmail.com
Fri Oct 6 02:45:47 EDT 2023

Hello!

I used Microsoft Outlook to send this message and it was sent in the wrong
format. I'm sorry. I won't do it again.

I use Postgresql+Pacemaker+Corosync cluster with 2 Postgresql instances in
synchronous replication mode. Parameter “rep_mode” is set to "sync", and
when I shut down the replica normal way, the primary node  switches to the
async mode. But when I  shut down the replica by powering it off to emulate
power unit failure, primary remains in sync mode and clients hang on INSERT
operations  until "pcs resource cleanup" is performed.  I created an alert
agent to run "pcs resource cleanup" when any node is lost, but this
approach doesn’t work.

What should I do to be sure the primary node will switch to async mode if
the replica becomes lost for any cause?

Best regards,
Sergey Cherukhin