[ClusterLabs] Upgrade to OLE8 + Pacemaker

Jibrail, Qusay (GfK) Qusay.Jibrail at gfk.com
Wed Oct 4 05:10:46 EDT 2023

Hi Tomas,

Ok.. it is getting little bit complicated.

What about this approach:

  *   pcs cluster stop “server3”, do upgrade to OLE8 + update  pacemaker, corosync and pcs, check postfix is working, wait 1 day.
  *   pcs cluster stop “server4”, do upgrade to OLE8 + update pacemaker, corosync and pcs, check postfix is working, wait 1 day. Now we have both servers running the same version of OS, pacemaker, corosync and pcs
  *   Then pcs cluster start “server3” and pcs cluster start “server4”

Will above works?
We will have 2 days without load balancing.

As the server will be rebooted during OLE8 upgrade, is it better to disable pacemaker, corosync and pcs services from starting after reboot?
Or will it not start till I run the command pcs cluster start “server3” and pcs cluster start “server4”?

Kind regards,
––
Qusay Jibrail
Senior Infrastructure Engineer – Linux | GfK IT Services
GfK – an NIQ company | The Netherlands
Krijgsman 22-25 | Amstelveen | 1186 DM
T: +31 88 435 1232 | M: +31 628 927 686
[website]<https://www.gfk.com/home?utm_campaign=global_all_2022_email%20signature&utm_source=email&utm_medium=signature&utm_content=>