[ClusterLabs] pcs node removal still crm_node it is removed node is listing as lost node

S Sathish S s.s.sathish at ericsson.com
Thu Jul 13 05:58:23 EDT 2023

Hi Team,

Problem Statement : we are trying to remove node on pcs cluster, post execution also still crm_node

it is removed node is listing as lost node.

we have checked corosync.conf file it is removed but still it is displaying on
crm_node -l.

[root at node1 ~]# pcs cluster node remove node2 --force
Destroying cluster on hosts: 'node2'...
node2: Successfully destroyed cluster
Sending updated corosync.conf to nodes...
node1: Succeeded
node1: Corosync configuration reloaded

[root at node1 ~]# crm_node -l
1 node1 member
2 node2 lost

In RHEL 7.x we are using below rpm version not seeing this issue while removing the node.
pacemaker-2.0.2-2.el7
corosync-2.4.4-2.el7
pcs-0.9.170-1.el7

In RHEL 8.x we are using below rpm version but seeing above issue over here.
pacemaker-2.1.6-1.el8
corosync-3.1.7-1.el8
pcs-0.10.16-1.el8

Thanks and Regards,