[ClusterLabs] how to colocate promoted resources ?

lejeczek peljasz at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Dec 8 11:11:58 EST 2023

On 08/12/2023 13:25, Jehan-Guillaume de Rorthais wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, 6 Dec 2023 10:36:39 +0100
> lejeczek via Users <users at clusterlabs.org> wrote:
>
>> How do your colocate your promoted resources with balancing
>> underlying resources as priority?
> What do you mean?
>
>> With a simple scenario, say
>> 3 nodes and 3 pgSQL clusters
>> what would be best possible way - I'm thinking most gentle
>> at the same time, if that makes sense.
> I'm not sure it answers your question (as I don't understand it), but here is a
> doc explaining how to create and move two IP supposed to each start on
> secondaries, avoiding the primary node if possible, as long as secondaries nodes
> exists
>
> https://clusterlabs.github.io/PAF/CentOS-7-admin-cookbook.html#adding-ips-on-standbys-nodes
>
> ++
Apologies, perhaps I was quite vague.
I was thinking - having a 3-node HA cluster and 3-node
single-master->slaves pgSQL, now..
say, I want pgSQL masters to spread across HA cluster so I
theory - having each HA node identical hardware-wise -
masters' resources would nicely balance out across HA cluster.