[ClusterLabs] Redis Resource error

Klaus Wenninger kwenning at redhat.com
Wed Aug 23 09:26:45 EDT 2023

On Tue, Aug 22, 2023 at 11:31 PM Social Boh <social at bohboh.info> wrote:

> Hello List,
>
> I know is not really a Pacemaker/Corosync question relate but I don't
> know how solve this error:
>
> redis_start_0 on kam1.kamailio.xyz 'error' (1): call=148, status='Timed
> Out', exitreason='Resource agent did not complete within 2m',
> last-rc-change='Tue Aug 22 16:13:46 2023', queued=0ms, exec=120002ms
>
> If you need more info, please ping me.

Well that is really not much info.
I don't know much about redis but I've heard that in-memory-databases
might take some time to start as they are getting their content from some
kind of storage to memory. Depending on speed and size it might really
not manage to startup within 2min - and if you are Ok with that you might
increase startup timeout.
Other possibility is that it is actually hanging and would never complete.
So you might check logs for hints, simply try to give it more time and
check later if it is Ok to take so long, ...
I don't know if there are any peculiarities regarding the 'official' redis
Resource Agent regarding how it finds out that the service is running
and if something could fail with that mechanism - maybe it is possible
to manually check the service while pacemaker thinks it isn't started.

It is usually helpful to provide a bit of info about the
cluster-configuration,
platform the cluster is running on and which versions of the cluster
components are in use.

Regards,
Klaus