[ClusterLabs] Asking about Clusterlabs cross DC cluster

Ken Gaillot kgaillot at redhat.com
Mon Aug 21 18:18:01 EDT 2023

Hi,

Yes, it's fine as long as the latency is reasonably low, and you have
some form of fencing that can work if the link between them is lost.

sbd is a good choice for fencing if each node has a hardware watchdog.
With two nodes, you really need a third site with either shared storage
(for disk-based sbd) or qdevice (to give true quorum to diskless sbd).

If you have redundant network paths between the data centers, you could
use a traditional fence device instead (such as a smart power strip).
You have to be careful to avoid single points of failure in this design
(for example, if both cables run through the same conduit).