[ClusterLabs] DRBD + VDO HowTo?

Eric Robinson eric.robinson at psmnv.com
Tue May 18 11:59:20 EDT 2021

> > Here are the constraints...
> >
> > [root at ha09a ~]# pcs constraint --full
> > Location Constraints:
> > Ordering Constraints:
> >   promote p_drbd0-clone then start p_vdo0 (kind:Mandatory) (id:order-
> p_drbd0-clone-p_vdo0-mandatory)
> >   promote p_drbd1-clone then start p_vdo1 (kind:Mandatory) (id:order-
> p_drbd1-clone-p_vdo1-mandatory)
> >   start p_vdo0 then start p_fs_clust08 (kind:Mandatory) (id:order-p_vdo0-
> p_fs_clust08-mandatory)
> >   start p_vdo1 then start p_fs_clust09 (kind:Mandatory) (id:order-p_vdo1-
> p_fs_clust09-mandatory)
> > Colocation Constraints:
> >   p_vdo0 with p_drbd0-clone (score:INFINITY) (id:colocation-p_vdo0-
> p_drbd0-clone-INFINITY)
> >   p_vdo1 with p_drbd1-clone (score:INFINITY) (id:colocation-p_vdo1-
> p_drbd1-clone-INFINITY)
>
> This is wrong. It says vdo can be active on every node where a clone
> instance is active. You need colocation with master.

I thought the Master constraint was implied by the word "promote." In other words, "promote the clone, then start the vdo device." I removed the vdo constraints and re-added them with with-rsc-role=Master, and that problem appears to be fixed! I am still getting occasional resource failures due to RA timeouts, so I will look into that next. Thanks for looking into this.

-Eric

Disclaimer : This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for intended recipients. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute, copy or alter this email. Any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and might not represent those of Physician Select Management. Warning: Although Physician Select Management has taken reasonable precautions to ensure no viruses are present in this email, the company cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage arising from the use of this email or attachments.