[ClusterLabs] Resolving cart before the horse with mounted filesystems.

Andrei Borzenkov arvidjaar at gmail.com
Wed May 5 01:12:08 EDT 2021

On 04.05.2021 18:43, Matthew Schumacher wrote:
> On 5/3/21 7:19 AM, Andrei Borzenkov wrote:
>> This was already asked for the same reason. No, there is not. The goal
>> of monitor is to find out whether resource is active or not. If
>> prerequisite resources are not there, resource cannot be active.
>>
>>> Is there a way to have a delayed start?
>>>
>>> At the end of the day, the way VirtualDomain works has been very
>>> troublesome for me.  The second that the config file isn't available
>>> pacemaker thinks that the domain is down and starts kicking the stool
>>> from under things, even if the domain is running just fine. It seems to
>> You misunderstand what happens. Probes check whether specific resource
>> is running on specific node (which allows pacemaker to skip resource
>> start if it already active, e.g. after pacemaker service was restarted).
>> Then pacemaker recomputes resource distribution. It does it every time
>> something changed. So when node2 came back and pacemaker reevaluated
>> resource placement node2 became preferred choice. The choice is
>> preferred because "crm resource move vm-testvm node2" creates constraint
>> that tells exactly that - resource vm-testvm MUST run on node2 if node2
>> is available to run resources.
>>
>> Pacemaker did exactly what you told it to do.
>>
>> See "crm resource clear" for the way to remove such constraints.
>>

> Thanks for the help, I found the issue.  The problem was a boot order
> thing.  I was starting libvirt after the cluster, so the VM resetting on
> unfencing wasn't because of the monitor, it was because it tried to
> migrate, found that it couldn't, failed, then stopped the resource and
> tried again, but the second time libvirt was up, so it worked.
>
> I have another question:

You are really better off starting new thread with meaningful subject
that will also be visible in archives instead of burying completely
unrelated question in the middle of old thread.

> How do I access to resource 'reload' action on my custom resource using
> crmsh?
>
> I don't see a 'crm resource reload' and it appears that a restart causes
> all of the resources that depend on it to stop/start.  My resource does
> have a reload action and the 'crm ra info' shows the action, I just
> can't seem to call it.

https://clusterlabs.org/pacemaker/doc/en-US/Pacemaker/2.0/html/Pacemaker_Explained/_reloading_services_after_a_definition_change.html

I do not think you cal call any operation manually. With pacemaker you
do not request to perform operation - you request desired state and
pacemaker decides what operations are necessary to achieve it.