[ClusterLabs] Antw: [EXT] Re: VirtualDomain & "deeper" monitors - what/how?

Ulrich Windl Ulrich.Windl at rz.uni-regensburg.de
Mon May 3 02:57:08 EDT 2021

Nachricht <e8c962de-59d8-814e-5fa0-6402d864b59c at gmail.com>:
> On 30.04.2021 17:57, Ken Gaillot wrote:
>> On Fri, 2021‑04‑30 at 11:00 +0100, lejeczek wrote:
>>> Hi guys
>>>
>>> I'd like to ask around for thoughts & suggestions on any
>>> semi/official ways to monitor VirtualDomain.
>>> Something beyond what included RA does ‑ such as actual
>>> health testing of and communication with VM's OS.
>>>
>>> many thanks, L.
>>
>> This use case led to a Pacemaker feature many moons ago ...
>>
>> Pacemaker supports nagios plug‑ins as a resource type (e.g.
>> nagios:check_apache_status). These are service checks usually used with
>> monitoring software such as nagios, icinga, etc.
>>

> The documentation for it is rather short. In particular ...
>
>> If the service being monitored is inside a VirtualDomain, named vm1 for
>> example, you can configure the nagios resource with the resource meta‑
>> attribute container="vm1". If the nagios check fails, Pacemaker will
>> restart vm1.
>>

> ... this is not documented anywhere.
>
> Is there any howto, blog or whatever with example usage and configuration?

For SLES15 SP2 I found:
monitor_scripts (string): space-separated list of monitor scripts
    To additionally monitor services within the virtual domain, add this
    parameter with a list of scripts to monitor.

    Note: when monitor scripts are used, the start and migrate_from
operations
    will complete only when all monitor scripts have completed successfully.
    Be sure to set the timeout of these operations to accommodate this delay.