[ClusterLabs] Resolving cart before the horse with mounted filesystems.

Matthew Schumacher matt.s at aptalaska.net
Sun May 2 23:27:39 EDT 2021

On 4/30/21 12:08 PM, Matthew Schumacher wrote:
> On 4/30/21 11:51 AM, Ken Gaillot wrote:
>> On Fri, 2021-04-30 at 16:20 +0000, Strahil Nikolov wrote:
>>> Ken ment yo use 'Filesystem' resourse for mounting that NFS server
>>> and then clone that resource.
>>>
>>> Best Regards,
>>> Strahil Nikolov
>
> I'm currently working on understanding and implementing this
> suggestion from Andrei:
>
> Which is exactly what clones are for. Clone NFS mount and order
> VirtualDomain after clone. Just do not forget to set interleave=true so
> VirtualDomain considers only local clone instance.

I tried to use this config, but it's not working for me.

I have a group that puts together a ZFS mount (which starts an NFS
share), configures some iscsi stuff, and binds a failover IP address:

group IP-ZFS-iSCSI fence-datastore zfs-datastore ZFSiSCSI failover-ip

Then, I made a mount to that NFS server as a resource:

primitive mount-datastore-nfs Filesystem \
     params device="<ip>:/datastore" directory="/datastore" fstype=nfs
op monitor timeout=40s interval=20s

Then I made a clone of this:

clone clone-mount-datastore-nfs mount-datastore-nfs meta interleave=true
target-role=Started

So, in theory, the ZFS/NFS server is mounted on all of the nodes with
the clone config.  Now I define some orders to make sure stuff comes up
in order:

order mount-datastore-before-vm-testvm Mandatory:
clone-mount-datastore-nfs vm-testvm
order zfs-datastore-before-mount-datastore Mandatory: IP-ZFS-iSCSI
clone-mount-datastore-nfs

In theory, when a node comes on line, it should check to make sure
IP-ZFS-iSCSI is running somewhere in the cluster, then check the local
instance of mount-datastore-nfs to make sure he have the NFS mounts we
need, then start vm-testvm, however that doesn't work.  If I kill
pacemaker on one node, it's fenced, rebooted, and when it comes back I
note this in the log:

# grep -v  pacemaker /var/log/pacemaker/pacemaker.log
May 03 03:02:41  VirtualDomain(vm-testvm)[1300]:    INFO: Configuration
file /datastore/vm/testvm/testvm.xml not readable during probe.
May 03 03:02:41  VirtualDomain(vm-testvm)[1300]:    INFO: environment is
invalid, resource considered stopped
May 03 03:02:42  Filesystem(mount-datastore-nfs)[1442]:    INFO: Running
start for 172.25.253.110:/dev/datastore-nfs-stub on /datastore
May 03 03:02:45  VirtualDomain(vm-testvm)[2576]:    INFO: Virtual domain
testvm currently has no state, retrying.
May 03 03:02:46  VirtualDomain(vm-testvm)[2576]:    INFO: Domain testvm
already stopped.

Looks like the VirtualDomain resource vm-testvm is started before the
Filesystem resource clone-mount-datastore-nfs even though I have this:

order mount-datastore-before-vm-testvm Mandatory:
clone-mount-datastore-nfs vm-testvm

I'm not sure what I'm missing.  I need to make sure this NFS mount is
started on the local node before starting virtualdomain on that same
node.  Should I use the resource instead of the clone in the order
statement?  Like this:

order mount-datastore-before-vm-testvm Mandatory: mount-datastore-nfs
vm-testvm

Any suggestions appreciated.

Matt