[ClusterLabs] Antw: [EXT] Re: Order set troubles

Reid Wahl nwahl at redhat.com
Thu Mar 25 14:45:39 EDT 2021

FWIW we have this KB article (I seem to remember Strahil is a Red Hat
customer):
  - How do I configure SAP HANA Scale-Up System Replication in a Pacemaker
cluster when the HANA filesystems are on NFS shares?(
https://access.redhat.com/solutions/5156571)

I can't remember if there was some valid reason why we had to use an
attribute resource, or if we simply didn't think about the sequential=false
require-all=false constraint set approach when planning this out.

On Thu, Mar 25, 2021 at 3:39 AM Strahil Nikolov <hunter86_bg at yahoo.com>
wrote:

> OCF_CHECK_LEVEL 20
> NFS sometimes fails to start (systemd racing condition with dnsmasq)
>
> Best Regards,
> Strahil Nikolov
>
> On Thu, Mar 25, 2021 at 12:18, Andrei Borzenkov
> <arvidjaar at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 25, 2021 at 10:31 AM Strahil Nikolov <hunter86_bg at yahoo.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > Use Case:
> >
> > nfsA is shared filesystem for HANA running in site A
> > nfsB is shared filesystem for HANA running  in site B
> >
> > clusterized resource of type SAPHanaTopology must run on all systems if
> the FS for the HANA is running
> >

> And the reason you put NFS under pacemaker control in the first place?
> It is not going to switch over, just put it in /etc/fstab.
>
> > Yet, if siteA dies for some reason, I want to make SAPHanaTopology to
> still start on the nodes in site B.
> >
> > I think that it's a valid use case.
> >
> > Best Regards,
> > Strahil Nikolov

> > Nachricht
> > <5bffded9c6e614919981dcc7d0b2903220bae19d.camel at redhat.com>:

> > This looks like ad odd design to me, and I wonder: What is the use case?
> > (We are using "NFS loop-mounts" for many years, where the cluster needs
> the
> > NFS service it provides, but that's a different design)
> >
> > Regards,
> > Ulrich

> > > Basically you want two sets, one with nfsA and nfsB with no ordering
> > > between them, and a second set with just resource‑clone, ordered after
> > > the first set.
> > >
> > > I believe the pcs syntax is:
> > >
> > > pcs constraint order set nfsA nfsB sequential=false require‑all=false
> > > set resource‑clone
> > >
> > > sequential=false says nfsA and nfsB have no ordering between them, and
> > > require‑all=false says that resource‑clone only needs one of them.
> > >
> > > (I don't remember for sure the order of the sets in the command, i.e.
> > > whether it's the primary set first or the dependent set first, but I
> > > think that's right.)
> > > ‑‑
> > > Ken Gaillot <kgaillot at redhat.com

> > > ClusterLabs home: https://www.clusterlabs.org/

Reid Wahl, RHCA
Senior Software Maintenance Engineer, Red Hat
CEE - Platform Support Delivery - ClusterHA