[ClusterLabs] pcs resource disable/enable is taking longer time in 32 node cluster setup for all components up and running.

Tomas Jelinek tojeline at redhat.com
Mon Mar 8 04:27:53 EST 2021

Hi,

What method are you using to stop all resources?

If you run 'pcs resource disable <resource name>' in a loop, then it may
take time for 300+ resources. By doing it this way, you run pacemaker
scheduler for stopping each resource individually.

If you want to stop all resources, just run 'pcs property set
stop-all-resources=true'.

If you want to stop all resources and control them individually, do it
like this:
1) pcs cluster cib > original.xml
2) cp original.xml new.xml
3) repeat for all resources: pcs -f new.xml resource disable <resource name>
4) pcs cluster cib-push new.xml diff-against=original.xml
This way, pacemaker scheduler is run only once.

Regards,
Tomas