[ClusterLabs] Antw: [EXT] Resource migration and constraint timeout

Ulrich Windl Ulrich.Windl at rz.uni-regensburg.de
Mon Jan 25 07:22:36 EST 2021

Nachricht <1768184755.3488991.1611574085647 at mail.yahoo.com>:
> Hi All,
> As you all know migrating a resource is actually manipulating the location
> constraint for that resource.
> Is there any plan for an option to control a default timeout which is valid
> for migrations and will remove the 'cli-ban' and 'cli-preffer' location
> constraints automatically after the defined timeout ?

I think the problem is the implementation: It's implemented like a constraint, not like an action.
For an action it would be enough to send to the LRMs, while for a constraint it has to be saved to the CIB.
It would be preferable IMHO if those  move contraints were not saved in the CIB at all (as opposed to real location constraints).

But as things are now: Could the cluster recheck take care of those?