[ClusterLabs] qnetd and booth arbitrator running together in a 3rd geo site

Jan Friesse jfriesse at redhat.com
Tue Jul 14 07:49:14 EDT 2020

Rohit,

> I dont think my question was very clear. I am strictly NO for STONITH.
> STONITH is limited only for kvm or HP machines. That's the reason I don't

Nope, stonith is not limited only for KVM or HP machine. There is huge
amount of fence agents for various HW and VMs
(https://github.com/ClusterLabs/fence-agents/tree/master/agents). Also
there is SBD.

> want to use STONITH.
> What my question is can I use booth with nodes of a single cluster also
> (similar to qdevice)? So idea is to use booth arbitrator for cluster of

Standard way to use booth is to have 2 clusters with N nodes. On each
cluster, there is clustered booth, which is running in active-passive
fashion (so only on one of the nodes of the cluster). And this booth
gives ticket depending on booth arbitrator decision. And final piece of
puzzle is pacemaker resource which depends on ownership of ticket.

> clusters AS WELL AS for a single cluster.

So something like a booth resource in one cluster depending on booth
ticket given by some locally running booth? I would say in theory it is
possible, but I would say original idea of using both qnetd and booth
looked a bit more "standard".

Honza