[ClusterLabs] Antw: Safe way to stop pacemaker on both nodes of a two node cluster

Ulrich Windl Ulrich.Windl at rz.uni-regensburg.de
Mon Oct 21 02:39:00 EDT 2019

>>> "Dileep V Nair" <dilenair at in.ibm.com> schrieb am 20.10.2019 um 17:54 in
Nachricht
<OFEF1DF8BA.A3AAEEAA-ON65258499.0056C5D6-65258499.00576384 at notes.na.collabserv.c

m>:

> Hi,
>
> 	I am confused about the best way to stop pacemaker on both nodes of a
> two node cluster. The options I know of are
> 1. Put the cluster in Maintenance Mode, stop the applications manually and
> then stop pacemaker on both nodes. For this I need the application to  be
> stopped manually

I think stopping cluster resources that way is a bad idea, because the cluster
when started again thinks the apps are up.

There has been a "stop cluster" thread recently. AFAIR there was not perfect
solution. Maybe try to find that thread.

> 2. Stop pacemaker on one node, wait for all resources to come up on second
> node, then stop pacemaker on second node. This might cause a significant
> delay because all resources has to come up on second node.

I think there is a "stop  all resources" somewhere that might avoid that.

> 	Is there any other way to stop pacemaker on both nodes gracefully ?

Not a perfect one, I'm afraid.

Regards,
Ulrich