[ClusterLabs] pcs remove command doesn't work to remove monitor operations

jaspal singla jaspal.singla at gmail.com
Sun Nov 19 10:19:33 EST 2017

Hello Community,

Need some clarification on recent pacemaker version and some "op"
operations (remove/add).

Around a year back, I deployed pacemaker cluster using below pacemaker
versions and I was/am able to run "pcs resource op remove FSCheck monitor
interval=30s"

Pacemaker Version:
pacemaker-cli-1.1.15-11.el7.x86_64
pacemaker-libs-1.1.15-11.el7.x86_64
pacemaker-cluster-libs-1.1.15-11.el7.x86_64
pacemaker-1.1.15-11.el7.x86_64

But now I need to deploy pacemaker cluster again on some different setup
and using upgraded pacemaker version as listed:

Pacemaker Version:
pacemaker-libs-1.1.16-12.el7.x86_64
pacemaker-cli-1.1.16-12.el7.x86_64
pacemaker-1.1.16-12.el7.x86_64
pacemaker-cluster-libs-1.1.16-12.el7.x86_64

And strangely, pcs op remove command have stopped working and I get the
below error:

Error:
[root at ha2-105 HA7]# pcs resource op remove FSCheck monitor interval=15s
Error: Unable to find operation matching: monitor interval=15s

Has anything changed in newer version of pacemaker? Any insight will be
highly appreciable.

Thanks!!