[ClusterLabs] How much cluster-glue support is still needed in Pacemaker?

Ken Gaillot kgaillot at redhat.com
Thu Nov 16 18:26:41 EST 2017

We're starting work on Pacemaker 2.0, which will remove support for the
heartbeat stack.

cluster-glue was traditionally associated with heartbeat. Do current
distributions still ship it?

Currently, Pacemaker uses cluster-glue's stonith/stonith.h to support
heartbeat-class stonith agents via the fence_legacy agent. If this is
still widely used, we can keep this support.

Pacemaker also checks for heartbeat/glue_config.h and uses certain
configuration values there in favor of Pacemaker's own defaults (e.g.
the value of HA_COREDIR instead of /var/lib/pacemaker/cores). Does
anyone still use the cluster-glue configuration for such things? If
not, I'd prefer to drop this.