[ClusterLabs] How to mount rpc_pipefs on a different mountpoint on RHEL/CentOS 7?

Dennis Jacobfeuerborn dennisml at conversis.de
Thu Nov 2 17:54:08 EDT 2017

On 31.10.2017 12:58, Ferenc Wágner wrote:
> Dennis Jacobfeuerborn <dennisml at conversis.de> writes:
>
>> if I create a new unit file for the new file the services would not
>> depend on it so it wouldn't get automatically mounted when they start.
>
> Put the new unit file under /etc/systemd/system/x.service.requires to
> have x.service require it.  I don't get the full picture, but this trick
> may help puzzle it together.

It seems the nfsserve resource agent isn't compatible with
RHEL/CentOS-7. These systems always mount /var/lib/nfs/rpc_pipefs on
boot but the resource agent script actually checks if "/var/lib/nfs" is
present in /proc/mounts and if that is the case then it will refuse to
start the nfs server thus preventing the fail-over.
I honestly have no good idea how to solve this as the mounting of
/var/lib/nfs/rpc_pipefs is basically hard-coded into the RHEL/CentOS
service files.

Regards,
  Dennis