[ClusterLabs] Can fence_vbox ssh-options be configured to use Windows DOS shell?

durwin at mgtsciences.com durwin at mgtsciences.com
Thu Jan 26 11:06:22 EST 2017

I have Windows 10 running Virtualbox with 2 VMs running Fedora 25.  I have
followed 'Pacemaker 1.1 Clusters from Scratch' 9th edition up through
chapter 7.  It works.  I am now trying to fence VMs.  I use Cygwin ssh
daemon and of course bash is default for the options.

I have used command below from one of the nodes and get the following
return.

fence_vbox -vv --ip=172.23.93.249 --username=durwin
--identity-file=/root/.ssh/id_rsa.pub --password= --plug="node1"
--action=off
Delay 0 second(s) before logging in to the fence device
Running command: /usr/bin/ssh  durwin at 172.23.93.249 -i
/root/.ssh/id_rsa.pub -p 22 -t '/bin/bash -c "PS1=\\[EXPECT\\]#\ /bin/bash
--noprofile --norc"'

Sent: VBoxManage list runningvms

Connection timed out

I tried the following commands from a DOS shell on the Windows host and
commands successfully executed (from Cygwin terminal it fails).

VBoxManage controlvm node1 acpipowerbutton
VBoxManage startvm node1 --type=gui

I am aware that some Windows executables do not communicate with Cygwin
terminals.  Is there a way to pass ssh options so that VBoxManage is
executed from DOS shell?

Thank you,

Durwin

This email message and any attachments are for the sole use of the
intended recipient(s) and may contain proprietary and/or confidential
information which may be privileged or otherwise protected from
disclosure. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is
prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient(s), please contact the
sender by reply email and destroy the original message and any copies of
the message as well as any attachments to the original message.