[ClusterLabs] question about equal resource distribution

Ilia Sokolinski ilia at clearskydata.com
Fri Feb 17 01:30:39 EST 2017

Suppose I have a N node cluster where N > 2 running m*N resources. Resources don’t have preferred nodes, but since resources take RAM and CPU it is important to distribute them equally among the nodes.
Will pacemaker do the equal distribution, e.g. m resources per node?
If a node fails, will pacemaker redistribute the resources equally too, e.g. m * N/(N-1) per node?

I don’t see any settings controlling this behavior in the documentation, but perhaps, pacemaker tries to be “fair” by default.

Thanks

Ilia Sokolinski