[ClusterLabs] 2 Nodes Pacemaker for Nginx can only failover 1 time

jun huang huangjun.job at gmail.com
Sat Aug 8 23:02:15 EDT 2015

Hello Everyone,

I setup a cluster with two nodes with pacemaker 1.1.10 on CentOS 7. Then I
downloaded aresource agent for nginx from github
<https://github.com/ClusterLabs/resource-agents/blob/master/heartbeat/nginx>

I tested my setup like this:

   1. Node 1 is started with the nginx and vip, everyting is ok
   2. Kill Node1 nginx, wait for a few seconds
   3. See the ngnix and vip are moved to node2, failover succeeded, and
   Node1 doesn't have any resources active
   4. I kill nginx on node2, but nginx and vip don't come back to Node1

I set no-quorum-policy="ignore" and stonith-enabled="false".

Why won't pacemaker let the resource come back to Node1? What did I miss
here?

I guess the node1 is still in some failure status, how can I recovery the
node? Does anyone can shed some light on my questions? Thank you in advance.

Thanks,

Jacob