[Pacemaker] Two node cluster and no hardware device for stonith.

Andrea a.bacchi at codices.com
Thu Jan 22 05:08:59 EST 2015

Michael Schwartzkopff <ms at ...> writes:

> Am Donnerstag, 22. Januar 2015, 10:03:38 schrieb E. Kuemmerle:

> Are you sure that you do not have fencing hardware? Perhaps you just did nit
> configure it? Please read the manual of you BIOS and check your system
board if
> you have a IPMI interface.

> That is how fencing works.
>
> Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
>
> Michael Schwartzkopff

Hi All

many thanks for your replies.
I will update my scenario to ask about adding some devices for stonith
- Option 1
I will ask for having 2 vmware virtual machine, so i can try fance_vmware
-Option 2
In the project, maybe will need a shared storage. In this case, the shared
storage will be a NAS that a can add to my nodes via iscsi. In this case I
can try fence_scsi

I will write here about news

Many thanks  to all for support
Andrea