[Pacemaker] pacemaker-remote debian wheezy

Ken Gaillot kgaillot at redhat.com
Thu Jan 15 09:16:36 EST 2015

On 01/15/2015 08:18 AM, Kristoffer Grönlund wrote:
> Thomas Manninger <DBGTMaster at gmx.at> writes:
>
>> Hi,
>> I compiled the latest libqb, corosync and pacemaker from source.
>> Now there is no crm command available? Is there another standard
>> shell?
>> Should i use crmadmin?
>> Thanks!
>> Regards
>> Thomas
>
> You can get crmsh and build from source at crmsh.github.io, or try the
> .rpm packages for various distributions here:
>
> https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/network:ha-clustering:Stable/crmsh

Congratulations on getting that far, that's probably the hardest part :-)

The crm shell was part of the pacemaker packages in Debian squeeze. It
was going to be separated into its own package for jessie, but that
hasn't made it out of sid/unstable yet, so it might not make it into the
final release.

Since you've built everything else from source, that's probably easiest,
but if you want to try ...

For the rpm mentioned above, have a look at alien
(https://wiki.debian.org/Alien). crmsh is a standalone package so
hopefully it would work; I wouldn't try alien for something as
complicated as all the rpm's that go into a pacemaker install.

You could try backporting the sid package
https://packages.debian.org/source/sid/crmsh but I suspect the
dependencies would get you.

In theory the crm binary from the squeeze packages should work with the
newer pacemaker, if you can straighten out the library dependencies.

Or you can use the crm*/cib* command-line tools that come with pacemaker
if you don't mind the lower-level approach.