[Pacemaker] Avoid one node from being a target for resources migration

Dmitry Koterov dmitry.koterov at gmail.com
Mon Jan 12 15:56:00 EST 2015

> 1. install the resource related packages on node3 even though you never
> want
> them to run there. This will allow the resource-agents to verify the
> resource
> is in fact inactive.

Thanks, your advise helped: I installed all the services at node3 as well
(including DRBD, but without it configs) and stopped+disabled them. Then I
added the following line to my configuration:

location loc_drbd drbd rule -inf: #uname eq node3

So node3 is never a target for DRBD, and this helped: "crm nodr standby
node1" doesn't tries to use node3 anymore.

But I have another (related) issue. If some node (e.g. node1) becomes
isolated from other 2 nodes, how to force it to shutdown its services? I
cannot use IPMB-based fencing/stonith, because there are no reliable
connections between nodes at all (the nodes are in geo-distributed
datacenters), and IPMI call to shutdown a node from another node is
impossible.

E.g. initially I have the following:

*# crm status*
Online: [ node1 node2 node3 ]
Master/Slave Set: ms_drbd [drbd]
     Masters: [ node2 ]
     Slaves: [ node1 ]
Resource Group: server
     fs (ocf::heartbeat:Filesystem):    Started node2
     postgresql (lsb:postgresql):       Started node2
     bind9      (lsb:bind9):    Started node2
     nginx      (lsb:nginx):    Started node2

Then I turn on firewall on node2 to isolate it from the outside internet:

*root at node2:~# iptables -A INPUT -p tcp --dport 22 -j ACCEPT*
*root at node2:~# **iptables -A OUTPUT -p tcp --sport 22 -j ACCEPT*
*root at node2:~# **iptables -A INPUT -i lo -j ACCEPT*
*root at node2:~# **iptables -A OUTPUT -o lo -j ACCEPT*
*root at node2:~# **iptables -P INPUT DROP; iptables -P OUTPUT DROP*

Then I see that, although node2 clearly knows it's isolated (it doesn't see
other 2 nodes and does not have quorum), it does not stop its services:

*root at node2:~# crm status*
Online: [ node2 ]
OFFLINE: [ node1 node3 ]
Master/Slave Set: ms_drbd [drbd]
     Masters: [ node2 ]
     Stopped: [ node1 node3 ]
Resource Group: server
     fs (ocf::heartbeat:Filesystem): Started node2
     postgresql (lsb:postgresql): Started node2
     bind9 (lsb:bind9): Started node2
     nginx (lsb:nginx): Started node2

So is there a way to say pacemaker to shutdown nodes' services when they
become isolated?