[Pacemaker] Setting cib-bootstrap-options parameters before DC election

AWeber - Ryan Steele ryans at aweber.com
Tue Jan 13 08:19:38 EST 2015

Hi folks,

For testing scenarios in which I’m only spinning up nodes on my laptop (test-kitchen), I don’t really need the full 20 seconds for dc-deadtime.  However, I haven’t been successful in finding a way to set that option to something lower prior to the DC election during the initial startup of the pacemaker daemon.  Since, cibadmin, cdm, and other CLI tools of that ilk require Pacemaker to be running, I've attempted to configure a pared down cib.xml that just sets the dc-deadtime option, but haven’t had much luck (here’s the config I’m using and the script that generates & uses it).  I feel like I'm not too far off from achieving my goal, since the CIB lint checks pass and subsequent versions of the CIB (after the 20s elapses and the DC is elected) preserve the dc-deadtime attribute I’ve set in my pre-seeded cib.xml, but would be most appreciative for a small nudge in the right direction.

FWIW, this is pacemaker 1.1.10 (well, 1.1.10+git20130802-1ubuntu2.1), corosync 2.3.3-1ubuntu1, and libheartbeat2 1:3.0.5-3.2, all from the official Ubuntu Trusty repository.  Thanks in advance!

-Ryan