[Pacemaker] Linux HA setup for CentOS 6.5

Sihan Goi goister at gmail.com
Thu Oct 16 05:32:38 EDT 2014

Thanks!

OK, so I've followed the DRBD steps in the guide all the way till "cib
commit fs" in Section 7.4, right before "Testing Migration". However, when
I do a crm_mon, I get the following "failed actions".

Last updated: Thu Oct 16 17:28:34 2014
Last change: Thu Oct 16 17:26:04 2014 via crm_shadow on node01
Stack: cman
Current DC: node02 - partition with quorum
Version: 1.1.10-14.el6_5.3-368c726
2 Nodes configured
5 Resources configured

Online: [ node01 node02 ]

ClusterIP    (ocf::heartbeat:IPaddr2):    Started node02
 Master/Slave Set: WebDataClone [WebData]
     Masters: [ node02 ]
     Slaves: [ node01 ]
WebFS   (ocf::heartbeat:Filesystem):    Started node02

Failed actions:
    WebSite_start_0 on node02 'unknown error' (1): call=278, status=Timed
Out, l
ast-rc-change='Thu Oct 16 17:26:28 2014', queued=20000ms, exec=0ms
    WebSite_start_0 on node01 'unknown error' (1): call=203, status=Timed
Out, l
ast-rc-change='Thu Oct 16 17:26:09 2014', queued=20000ms, exec=0ms

Seems like the apache Website resource isn't starting up. Apache was
working just fine before I configured DRBD. What did I do wrong?

On Thu, Oct 16, 2014 at 1:49 PM, Digimer <lists at alteeve.ca> wrote:

> On 16/10/14 12:14 AM, Sihan Goi wrote:
>
>> After following the guide, I've successfully managed to get Apache
>> server up and running in the cluster as an active/passive setup, but
>> with some differences. My cluster stack is stated as being cman while
>> the guide's is openais. Not sure if that's a problem. Also, some
>> commands in the guide don't seem to work.
>>

> If you can provide examples of what issues you're having, I will be happy
> to try an help.
>
>  I'm moving on to DRBD installation now, but when I do a "yum install
>> drbd-pacemaker drbd-udev", these packages are not available. After some
>> googling, it seems that drbd83-utils/kmod-drbd83 or
>> drbd84-utils/kmod-drbd84 is available via another repo. Does this work
>> with the guide?
>>

> You need to get them from a 3rd party repo (or install from source). I
> personally still use 8.3.16 (consistency during "Anvil!" generations), but
> I know that 8.4 is fine on EL6 (and EL7, to address an earlier comment). I
> have my own repos with these packages, but you would likely be better
> served using the ELRepo ones.
>
> https://alteeve.ca/w/AN!Cluster_Tutorial_2#Installing_DRBD
>
> The only real difference is to s/83/84/:
>
> + yum install drbd84-utils kmod-drbd84
> - yum install drbd83-utils kmod-drbd83
>
> If you run into any troubles, please share details and I am sure we'll get
> you sorted out in no time.
>
> Cheers
>

> --
> Digimer
> Papers and Projects: https://alteeve.ca/w/
> What if the cure for cancer is trapped in the mind of a person without
> access to education?

- Goi Sihan
goister at gmail.com