[Pacemaker] Managing DRBD Dual Primary with Pacemaker always initial Split Brains

Andrew Beekhof andrew at beekhof.net
Tue Oct 7 21:37:39 EDT 2014

On 8 Oct 2014, at 9:20 am, Felix Zachlod <fz.lists at sis-gmbh.info> wrote:

> Hello Andrew,
>
> Am 06.10.2014 04:30, schrieb Andrew Beekhof:

>>> Are you referring to a special bug/ code change? I normally don't like building all this stuff from source instead using the packages if there are not very good reasons for it. I run some 1.1.7 debian base pacemaker clusters for a long time now without any issue and I am sure that this version seems to run very stable so as long as I am not facing a specific problem with this version
>>
>> According to git, there are 1143 specific problems with 1.1.7
>> In total there have been 3815 commits and 5 releases in the last 2.5 years, we don't do all that for fun :-)
>
> I know that there have been a lot changes since this "ancient" version. But I was just curios if there was something that in specific might be related to my problem. I work tightly connected to software develepment in our company and so i know that "newer" does not automatically mean "with less bugs" or especially "with less bugs concerning ME".

Particularly where the policy engine is concerned, it is actually true thanks to the 500+ regression tests we have.
Also, there have definitely been improvements to master/slave in the last few releases.

Check out the release notes, thats where I try to highlight the more interesting/important fixes.