[Pacemaker] IPaddr resource agent on Illumos

Vincenzo Pii piiv at zhaw.ch
Thu Oct 23 11:51:24 EDT 2014

I am trying to run the IPaddr resource agent on an active/passive cluster
on Illumos nodes (pacemaker, corosync, crm... built from updated sources).

By reading the example from Saso here
http://zfs-create.blogspot.ch/2013/06/building-zfs-storage-appliance-part-1.html,
this would seem straightforward and this makes me think that I am doing
something wrong :)!

I patched the IPaddr script to use /usr/bin/gnu/sh and to avoid finding a
free interface with \" grep "^$NIC:[0-9]" \" as that is just not the case,
but now I am stuck at trying to configure the ip address.

This, in the script, is done with ifconfig (something like

    ifconfig e1000g2 inet 10.0.100.4 && ifconfig e1000g2 netmask
255.255.255.0 && ifconfig e1000g2 up

).

However, the script is run by the hacluster user, which cannot write
network configuration settings.

To solve this problem, I am now looking at profiles, roles and
authorizations, which seems to be a very "user friendly" way to handle
permissions in Solaris.

My question is: there is no mention of this in Saso's post, or other
discussions (even thought old ones) that I've come across today; am I
missing something obvious, or this is just the way it has to be?

This is how I configure the IPaddr prmitive:

# ipadm create-if e1000g2
# crm configure primitive frontend_IP ocf:heartbeat:IPaddr params
ip="10.0.100.4" cidr_netmask="255.255.255.0" nic="e1000g2"

Many thanks,
Vincenzo.

--
Vincenzo Pii