[Pacemaker] Linux HA setup for CentOS 6.5

Sihan Goi goister at gmail.com
Tue Oct 14 23:17:03 EDT 2014

Hi,

Is there a tutorial showing how to get a basic Linux HA setup with
replicated storage (via DRBD) working on CentOS 6.5? I want to have mySQL
as the HA resource with the database replicated across the nodes. I've
scoured the web for one but it seems that I get stuck in each one somewhere.

To elaborate, I have 2 CentOS 6.5 nodes configured with distinct hostnames
and static IPs. They are connected to a wireless AP, and can ping each
other.

I tried following this guide - http://clusterlabs.org/quickstart-redhat.html
However, cman will not start when NetworkManager is running, and my nodes
cannot connect to the wireless AP without NetworkManager running. Am I
missing something or is that the stupidest dependency ever? How is a
cluster supposed to work when the nodes aren't connected to one another?

I also tried following the "clusters from scratch" guide but that seems to
rely on systemctl calls which aren't available on CentOS 6.5.

Any help?

--
- Goi Sihan
goister at gmail.com