[Pacemaker] Y should pacemaker be started simultaneously.

N, Ravikiran ravikiran.n at hp.com
Mon Oct 6 00:45:54 EDT 2014

Hi all,

I had this question from a while, did not understand the logic for it.
Why should I have to start pacemaker simultaneously on both of my nodes (of a 2 node cluster) simultaneously, although I have disabled quorum in the cluster.
It fails in the startup step of

[root at rk16 ~]# service pacemaker start
Starting cluster:
   Checking if cluster has been disabled at boot...        [  OK  ]
   Checking Network Manager...                             [  OK  ]
   Global setup...                                         [  OK  ]
   Mounting configfs...                                    [  OK  ]
   Starting cman...                                        [  OK  ]
   Waiting for quorum... Timed-out waiting for cluster
                                                           [FAILED]
Stopping cluster:
   Leaving fence domain...                                 [  OK  ]
   Stopping gfs_controld...                                [  OK  ]
   Stopping dlm_controld...                                [  OK  ]
   Stopping fenced...                                      [  OK  ]
   Stopping cman...                                        [  OK  ]
   Waiting for corosync to shutdown:.                      [  OK  ]
   Unloading kernel modules...                             [  OK  ]
   Unmounting configfs...                                  [  OK  ]
Starting Pacemaker Cluster Manager:                        [  OK  ]
[root at rk16 ~]# service pacemaker status
pacemakerd dead but pid file exists
[root at rk16 ~]#

Regards,
Ravikiran N