[Pacemaker] VM move behaviour

Andrew Beekhof andrew at beekhof.net
Thu Jul 31 17:13:17 EDT 2014

On 31 Jul 2014, at 6:05 pm, philipp.achmueller at arz.at wrote:

> hi,
>
> is it possible to set up different move types for VM?
>
> - infinity colocation with pingd-clone -> when failing on one node, live migrate VM(s) to remaining nodes
> - infinity colocation to LVM-clone -> when failing on one node, cold migration (stop/restart) VM(s) on remaining nodes

There is nothing you could configure, but I rather suspect you'll get this automatically.
Any attempt to live migrate in the latter situation will likely fail and you'll end up with a cold restart.

And if it doesn't, you could make a simple addition to the VM resource agent to make it work that way (just check for a healthy lvm in the migrate_to command)