[Pacemaker] Signal hangup handling for pacemaker and corosync

Vladislav Bogdanov bubble at hoster-ok.com
Fri Jul 25 03:53:02 EDT 2014

25.07.2014 02:20, Andrew Beekhof wrote:

>>> Just moving it earlier would seem the simplest option
>>
>> Yes, but it still remains racy. Strictly speaking, handler should be
>> installed in the child before the parent process exits. And you cannot
>> control this when shell does the fork.
>
> I guess this is one of the few times I've been grateful for systemd

The main question for me is "Why does it work at all on EL6?" ;)
Particularly, why it doesn't stop when the init sequence finishes...
Probably because of ' > /dev/null 2>&1 ', but stdin is still not closed
there (f.e. with '  0<&- '). see
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3430330/best-way-to-make-a-shell-script-daemon,
answers 2 and 3 are relevant for daemonization in shell.
Or, that may be an init (upstart) boot-sequence implementation side-effect.

Actually, daemonization code in C is not so hard to write properly.
corosync_tty_detach() is a pretty good example.