[Pacemaker] clusters on virtualised platforms

Digimer lists at alteeve.ca
Thu Jul 17 00:01:46 EDT 2014

Don't confuse quorum and fencing (stonith), they serve different
purposes. Basically, quorum is useful when things are working, fencing
is required when things go wrong. So regardless of quorum disk, you
still need to be able to fence. This requires that each VM be able to
call the hypervisor and force a power off.

Generally speaking, VM-based cluster nodes are good for learning, but
not production. It adds a layer that isn't needed and in HA, simple
should trump all else.

digimer