[Pacemaker] DRBD active/passive on Pacemaker+CMAN cluster unexpectedly performs STONITH when promoting

Giuseppe Ragusa giuseppe.ragusa at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 3 06:47:27 EDT 2014

> >     }
> >     handlers {
> >         fence-peer        "/usr/lib/drbd/rhcs_fence";
> >     }
> > }
> >

> rhcs_fence is wrong fence-peer utility. You should use
> /usr/lib/drbd/crm-fence-peer.sh and
> /usr/lib/drbd/crm-unfence-peer.sh instead.

But my understanging (probably wrong) was that the fence-peer handler is meant to be called for STONITH, not for "usual" promotions/demotions to/from Primary/Secondary.

If I use the aforementioned pair of handlers (crm-*.sh) for fence/unfence, do I still get STONITH behavior for "split brain cases"?

Many thanks for your suggestion!

Regards,
Giuseppe