[Pacemaker] pacemaker shutdown waits for a failover

Liron Amitzi LironA at imperva.com
Sun Jul 27 10:40:33 EDT 2014

Hi guys,

I'm working with pacemaker 1.1.7-6 with corosync 1.4.1-15 (2 nodes) and facing a strange behavior.

I have several resources including Oracle database, and when I try to stop the pacemaker or reboot the active node it takes a very long time. I checked it and it seems that pacemaker waits until the failover is complete before stopping. I expect it to stop the resources, initiate the failover and stop, not wait until everything is up on the other node.

Am i missing something? Is this expected?

Thanks,

Liron