[Pacemaker] Understanding virtual IP migration

Arjun Pandey apandepublic at gmail.com
Wed Jul 23 00:15:59 EDT 2014

Hi  all

I am using virtual IP resource on  a 2 node (Active-Passive) cluster.
I was testing the migration of IP address. Moving the link down moves
the IP over to the other node. However if i bring interface up on the
node the VIP is still associated with this interface. Shouldn't we
have removed this when we decided to migrate the IP in the first place
?

Also on a related note plugging out the cable, doesn't lead to IP
migration. I checked the IPAddr monitor logic which simply checks if
the address is still associated with the interface. However shouldn't
we be checking link state as well using ethtool.

Any info on this would be helpful

Regards
Arjun