[Pacemaker] Unicast communication is working, but mcastaddr is no working

Ziqing Zhuang ziqing.zhuang at avid.com
Wed Jul 2 17:46:50 EDT 2014

I am trying to configure Corosync here. At first, I tried to use unicast, here is part of my corosync.conf file (I did not change others):
  interface {
                # The following values need to be set based on your environment
                member {
                        memberaddr: 192.168.254.131
                }
                member {
                        memberaddr: 192.168.254.134
                }
                ringnumber: 0
                bindnetaddr: 192.168.254.0
                mcastport: 5405
        }
        transport: udpu
Then I run crm_mon -1,
Everything works fine. It says 2 nodes configured.
But if I use multicast, by changing this interface part to the following:

interface {
                # The following values need to be set based on your environment
                ringnumber: 0
                bindnetaddr: 192.168.254.0
                mcastaddr: 227.94.1.2
                mcastport: 5405
   }
Then the system doesn’t recognize any nodes. It just said 0 node configured.
So I use
root at devenv1: corosync-cfgtool –s
Printing ring status.
Local node ID 117352640
Could not get the ring status, the error is: 6
I am assuming mcastaddr is not correct, so I tried several different address, but it still doesn’t work.
Any advice?