[Pacemaker] Announce: SNMP agent for pacemaker

Michael Schwartzkopff ms at sys4.de
Wed Jan 22 08:46:15 EST 2014

Am Mittwoch, 22. Januar 2014, 14:30:51 schrieb Lars Marowsky-Bree:
> On 2014-01-22T09:37:33, Michael Schwartzkopff <ms at sys4.de> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am working on a SNMP agent for pacemaker. it is written in perl. At the
> > moment it is in an alpha stadium.
> >
> > Any volunteers for testing?
>
> I'd be quite curious to learn more about this for sure.
>
> Also about the choice to write it in Perl. Short of invoking crm_mon in
> the background, or reimplementing the libpengine logic in Perl while
> parsing the CIB, this strikes me as quite difficult to get at 'all' the
> information from the cluster one might want.
>
> Any reason why you didn't extend the crm_mon daemon mode to provide a
> SNMP interface instead of just being able to send traps?

crm_mon is in C and I did not unterstand it.

I am not a hardcore programmer, and I did my last C program 20 years ago. Only
some scripting afterwards. And coding the agent in perl was quite simple. At
least the things that I want to know from a cluster. Perhaps C is as easy, but
I jumped to the perl version for a easy win.

BUT: If you help me, we can extend the crm_mon together.

Greetings

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Michael Schwartzkopff