[Pacemaker] Preventing Automatic Failback

David Vossel dvossel at redhat.com
Tue Jan 21 10:26:45 EST 2014

----- Original Message -----

I bet this is due to the drbd resource's master score value on node1 being higher than node2.  When you recover node1, are you actually rebooting that node?  If node1 doesn't lose membership from the cluster (reboot), those transient attributes that the drbd agent uses to specify which node will be the master instance will stick around.  Otherwise if you are just putting node1 in standby and then bringing the node back online, the I believe the resources will come back if the drbd master was originally on node1.

If you provide a policy engine file that shows the unwanted transition from node2 back to node1, we'll be able to tell you exactly why it is occurring.

-- Vossel