[Pacemaker] rsync of ha-clustering repo?

Andrew Daugherity adaugherity at tamu.edu
Thu Jan 16 21:41:53 EST 2014

On Jan 16, 2014, at 8:48 PM, pacemaker-request at oss.clusterlabs.org wrote:
> Message: 8
> Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2014 18:13:09 -0800
> From: Lists <lists at benjamindsmith.com>
> To: The Pacemaker cluster resource manager
> 	<pacemaker at oss.clusterlabs.org>
> Subject: [Pacemaker] rsync of ha-clustering repo?
>
> We'd like to keep our own copy of the repo repo at the below URL so that
> we can test/certify updates
> to our (private network only) database servers prior to roll out.
>
> Typically I'd use rsync as the least intrusive way to do this, is there
> a recommended procedure for setting up a private copy of the
> ha-clustering repo? EG: http://centos.org/download/mirrors/  rsync link
> to the right. It doesn't appear that rsync is enabled on
> download.opensuse.org, nmap -p 873 download.opensuse.org
> returns port closed.
>
> We're a RedHat shop and are only interested in x86_64.
>
> http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/network:/ha-clustering:/Stable/RedHat_RHEL-6/
>
> Thanks,
>
> -Ben

There is rsync.opensuse.org, which does mirror build service repos in addition to the distro itself, but it apparently only has RPMs built for openSUSE, not other distros.  Perhaps someone more familiar with the rsync server can chime in, or you could contact their admins.  FYI, you can use the rsync client to list remote directories, like so:
====
$ rsync  rsync.opensuse.org::buildservice-repos-main/network:/ha-clustering:/Stable/

This is rsync.opensuse.org, public rsync server of openSUSE.org,
limited to 50 connections.

If you run a public mirror, please get in contact so we can give you
access to the stage rsync server.
You'll find conditions for access and further information at
http://en.opensuse.org/Mirror_Infrastructure

Thanks!
admin at opensuse.org

drwxr-xr-x          92 2013/10/18 09:51:32 .
drwxr-xr-x         114 2014/01/02 03:56:45 openSUSE_12.2
drwxr-xr-x         114 2014/01/02 03:56:23 openSUSE_12.3
drwxr-xr-x         114 2014/01/02 03:56:38 openSUSE_13.1
drwxr-xr-x         114 2014/01/16 07:54:16 openSUSE_Tumbleweed
====

In the meantime I'd recommend doing something like wget --mirror against the HTTP server to only fetch files if they've changed.  Just make sure it doesn't walk up the tree and mirror _everything_ -- adjust your wget options if necessary.

-Andrew