[Pacemaker] command to dump cluster configuration in "pcs" format?

Bob Haxo bhaxo at sgi.com
Wed Jan 15 23:25:30 EST 2014

On Thu, 2014-01-16 at 12:32 +1100, Andrew Beekhof wrote:

> > On Wed, 2014-01-15 at 17:55 -0600, Chris Feist wrote:
> >> Currently there is not.  We may at some point look into this, but it isn't on my
> >> short term list of things to do.
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >> Chris
> >>
> > Oh, well, bummer ... but at least I hadn't missed the command in the docs or
> in the installed code.
>
> There list of commands you used to build a cluster is in the history too remember.
> You could just save that to a file instead and restore with bash
> ./bit-of-history-i-care-about

How very nice it would have been had I been able to have just entered
the correct commands at single time in a single shell instance.
Unfortunately, it configuration has taken me weeks to develop (what now
seems to be) a working configuration (including mods to the
VirtualDomain agent to avoid spurious restarts of the VM).

> > I'll probably use "crm configure show" to capture the "pcs" created
> configuration for installations ... and save the "pcs" for when I
> correspond with RedHat.
> >
> > Dumping and loading the xml really is not an option.
>
> You dump and load xml a lot?
No, but I did read that pcs can dump/load the cib xml.

> Even assuming yes, its in a file that you don't have
> to read... so where is the problem?

The problem is that this goes into a product that gets shipped to mfg,
and then to customers, and then needs to be supported by other engineers
(and then often back to me).

Easy to create configurations with crm and then load
(crm -f file) the Pacemaker configuration using the crm commands created
with "crm configure show", with some scripted substitutions for
hostnames, IP addresses, and other site customizations.

The SLES HAE uses crm, and I'm trying to make SLES and RHEL versions as
identical as possible.  Makes it easier for me to maintain, and for
others to support.