[Pacemaker] crm_resource -L not trustable right after restart

Brian J. Murrell (brian) brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Mon Jan 13 23:41:01 EST 2014

On Tue, 2014-01-14 at 08:09 +1100, Andrew Beekhof wrote:

> The local cib hasn't caught up yet by the looks of it.

Should crm_resource actually be [mis-]reporting as if it were
knowledgeable when it's not though?  IOW is this expected behaviour or
should it be considered a bug?  Should I open a ticket?

> You could compare 'cibadmin -Ql' with 'cibadmin -Q'

Is there no other way to force crm_resource to be truthful/accurate or
silent if it cannot be truthful/accurate?  Having to run this kind of
pre-check before every crm_resource --locate seems like it's going to
drive overhead up quite a bit.

Maybe I am using the wrong tool for the job.  Is there a better tool
than crm_resource to ascertain, with full truthfullness (or silence if
truthfullness is not possible), where resources are running?

Cheers,
b.