[Pacemaker] again "return code", now in crm_attribute

Andrew Beekhof andrew at beekhof.net
Thu Jan 9 18:23:04 EST 2014

On 9 Jan 2014, at 4:44 pm, Andrey Groshev <greenx at yandex.ru> wrote:

> 09.01.2014, 02:39, "Andrew Beekhof" <andrew at beekhof.net>:
>
>>  On 18 Dec 2013, at 11:55 pm, Andrey Groshev <greenx at yandex.ru> wrote:
>>>   Hi, Andrew and ALL.
>>>
>>>   I'm sorry, but I again found an error. :)
>>>   Crux of the problem:
>>>
>>>   # crm_attribute --type crm_config --attr-name stonith-enabled --query; echo $?
>>>   scope=crm_config  name=stonith-enabled value=true
>>>   0
>>>
>>>   # crm_attribute --type crm_config --attr-name stonith-enabled --update firstval ; echo $?
>>>   0
>>>
>>>   # crm_attribute --type crm_config --attr-name stonith-enabled --query; echo $?
>>>   scope=crm_config  name=stonith-enabled value=firstval
>>>   0
>>>
>>>   # crm_attribute --type crm_config --attr-name stonith-enabled  --update secondval --lifetime=reboot ; echo $?
>>>   0
>>>
>>>   # crm_attribute --type crm_config --attr-name stonith-enabled --query; echo $?
>>>   scope=crm_config  name=stonith-enabled value=firstval
>>>   0
>>>
>>>   # crm_attribute --type crm_config --attr-name stonith-enabled  --update thirdval --lifetime=forever ; echo $?
>>>   0
>>>
>>>   # crm_attribute --type crm_config --attr-name stonith-enabled --query; echo $?
>>>   scope=crm_config  name=stonith-enabled value=firstval
>>>   0
>>>
>>>   Ie if specify the lifetime of an attribute, then a attribure is not updated.
>>>
>>>   If impossible setup the lifetime of the attribute when it is installing, it must be return an error.
>>  Agreed. I'll reproduce and get back to you.
>
> How, I was able to review code, problem comes when used both options "--type" and options "--lifetime".
> One variant in "case" without break;
> Unfortunately, I did not have time to dive into the logic.

Actually, the logic is correct.  The command:

# crm_attribute --type crm_config --attr-name stonith-enabled  --update secondval --lifetime=reboot ; echo $?

is invalid.  You only get to specify --type OR --lifetime, not both.
By specifying --lifetime, you're creating a node attribute, not a cluster proprerty.