[Pacemaker] Pacemaker-gui will not clear constraint after a migration after upgrade to pacemaker 1.1.10

Schaefer, Diane E diane.schaefer at unisys.com
Tue Jan 14 07:34:30 EST 2014

Hello,
  I am running on SUSE Linux and recently upgraded to pacemaker 1.1.10.  Here are my RPM levels:
pacemaker-mgmt-2.1.2-0.11.4
pacemaker-mgmt-client-2.1.2-0.11.4
pacemaker-1.1.10-0.9.28

When I migrate a resource group, I get the new cli-ban- location constraint appear in the CIB.

Crm configure show
xml <rsc_location id="cli-ban-NFS_NFSV4Share-vg_grp-on-usrv-fsm1" rsc="NFS_NFSV4Share-vg_grp" role="Started" node="usrv-fsm1" score="-INFINITY"/>
xml <rsc_location id="cli-prefer-NFS_NFSV4Share-vg_grp" rsc="NFS_NFSV4Share-vg_grp" role="Started" node="usrv-fsm2" score="INFINITY"/>

on exit of crm  I get:
INFO: object cli-prefer-NFS_NFSV4Share-vg_grp cannot be represented in the CLI notation
INFO: object cli-ban-NFS_NFSV4Share-vg_grp-on-usrv-fsm1 cannot be represented in the CLI notation

Using the pacemaker GUI, I select  "Clear Migration Constraints".  Crm configure show has the cli-prefer  location removed, but not the cli-ban:
xml <rsc_location id="cli-ban-NFS_NFSV4Share-vg_grp-on-usrv-fsm1" rsc="NFS_NFSV4Share-vg_grp" role="Started" node="usrv-fsm1" score="-INFINITY"/>
A "crm resource unmove NFS_NFSV4Share-vg_grp"  from a shell prompt successfully removes the cli-ban.

In pacemaker-mgmt the code to handle the new cli-ban is missing.
/usr/share/heartbeat-gui/haclient.py
def on_unmigrate_rsc(self, action) :
                rsc_locations = {}
                for rsc_location in manager.xml_nodes["cib"].getElementsByTagName("rsc_location") :
                        id = str(rsc_location.getAttribute("id"))
                        rsc_locations[id] = rsc_location
                migrate_ids = {}
                rsc_ids = []
                for id in rsc_locations :
                        for prefix in ["cli-prefer-", "cli-standby-"] :
                                if id.startswith(prefix) :

Is there a pacemaker-mgmt rpm that is compatible with pacemaker 1.1.10's new handling of migration and clearing the constraints?

Diane Schaefer